Harris's Sparrow Wasatch County

I ran up to Wasatch County this morning. I didn't see the Eurasion Wigeon at Deer Creek, but lighting was bad, and I was at some distance from the birds. At the Heber Valley Waste Water Treatment Plant there was a Harris's Sparrow. The Heber Valley Waster Water Treatment Plant is located just off of 100 south in Heber or Main Street in Midway. ( the road that connects the cities ) If you turn south on the east side of the Provo River crossing you will see the Heber Treatment Plant back about 100 yards off the road. The Harris's Sparrow was on the right side of the road under a group of trees located next to the road with what looks like sunflower seeds underneath it. The clump of trees is right before the gates to the treatment plant. It would come into feed on the seeds that someone must have scattered there. Beautiful bird and stuck out nicely. Wonderful to see this cool looking sparrow.

KC Childs

Do you Yahoo!?