Fwd: E. Wigeon, NOT--11-7-03

Birdnet Email -- from the website

----Original Message Follows----
It was submitted by Julie Van Moorhem.

Subject: E. Wigeon, NOT--11-7-03

Message: Pomera and I searched hard for the Eurasian Wigeon at Hyrum Reservoir but we couldn't find it. Did see lots of loons, Lesser Scaup, a Greater Scaup, Bonaparte's Gull, mergansers. One lone Bald Eagle was in the trees just south of Willard Bay campground. We had better luck at East Canyon. We saw a Pacific Loon at the boat ramp area of the state park, and three Surf Scoters on the east side of the reservoir just north of Tayor's Hollow area. Many Common Loons were on the lake, and we saw two Greater Yellowlegs along the mudflats. American Tree Sparrows were at the Taylor Hollow pull-out. We also saw 42 Wild Turkeys along the road to the dam from Morgan and about 20 American Crows. A Golden Eagle flew over as we headed back toward Henefer.

By the way, there is a "For Sale" sign on the fence at the Sage Grouse lek near East Canyon. Next spring, or one soon after, we may see the "Greater Condo" lek. Won't that be wonderful--watching all those "Condos" dancing and trying to attract more "Condos"? Sad.

Good birding y'all,
Julie Van Moorhem