Very Long Saturday

       I left my house at 4am to meet Kris Purdy to bird White's Valley.  I
got home before dark and was able to add a few more birds from my yard to the
list for a total of 95 birds.  I can't lift my binoculars or focus my eyes
today.  Somebody please put on a great bird so I can run out and buy some more gas.
       Highlights:
             At White's we got good to great looks at Sharp Tails and Gray
Partridge.  Kris saw Short Eared Owls which I missed.
             Willard Bay was nice without the usual weekend mob.  Who says
drought is all bad.  We saw a Northern Waterthrush behind campsite 84 and a
Nashville Warbler on the broadwalk.  Lots of Black Crowned Night Herons on the
pond to the North.
             Bear River was full but most of the shorebirds were pretty far
out.  Best birds were a Peregine and a Black Tern bouncing along in winter
plumage.
             Lee Kay Ponds had a common tern.
                                     Good Birding,
                                                 Dana