Reddish Egret Update

As of 3:00 p.m. on Tuesday, the Reddish Egret was still at Gunlock Reservoir.  As previously reported, he was favoring the shallows on the north end.  If he stays in the same general area, there is a good vantage point north of the paved parking lot and boat ramp area.  After you pass the metal maintenance shed (going north), look for a dirt road on the left that goes down toward the reservoir.  The road doesn't go down very far, but there is a good place to set up a scope and you will want to have a scope.  This road is not designed for low clearance vehicles (like the Honda we were in) so be careful.  We really enjoyed seeing the egret perform his foraging dance - looked just like the pictures in the Sibley books.  Great bird!!!

Pomera and Anne