GREEN HERON/Decker Lake Canal

July 22, 2003

This morning at abut 7:00 I had a five second GREEN HERON fly-by on the
Decker Lake Canal.  Fortunately, it gave a "skyowk" which attracted me to
the area.  Thank you Jack H., Mark S., and Letitia L. for previous e-mail
directions.  For those not wanting to walk too far, Letitia's previous
e-mail directions work the best.  When you park at the dead-end street (1160
W. Chesterfield and 2590 S. Crystal), walk westward.  I saw the Green Heron
between the burned area (northwest corner of the loop) and the 15 foot rail
fence (north side of trail).

Alton Thygerson