Northern Goshawk

July 17, 2003

This morning at about 8:15 a.m., the previously reported Northern Goshawk
showed up at Silver Lake (near Brighton). The location was previously
described by Pomera Fronce and Joel Beyers.  Thanks go to both of you for
sharing. While they both reported a ferocious acting Goshawk, the one I saw
landed 90 feet from me on a dead tree limb 30 feet from the ground, looked
around, and emitted calls.  In fact, it perched for so long that I left the
area before the bird did.  This was the second attempt for the bird, so
persistence paid off.

Alton Thygerson