This morning I saw the Green Heron along the Jordan River again. This morning around 7am, I saw it at what I call Decker Creek, it is the canal that goes from Decker Lake to the river. It comes out of the ground in the northwest corner of the loop area. It was setting on one of the overhanging silver leaf popular trees that are gowning in a large patch there. To get to the area you have to drive to the Redwood Multi-purpose Center (3100 South 1600 West) and park in the softball diamonds parking area. Walk down the Utah Power dirt road to the trail. Continue east on the trail. It will go along a canal, a lot of good birds have been seen along that canal. When you get to the place where the trail turns east there will be a large number of popular trees there. A small trail runs up to the river and along side it where you will see overhanging trees. It was there that I saw it. It flew east towards the river so it could easily be anywhere along the canal. I also went to Decker Lake and spotted around 40 Least Sandpipers. Last Thursday I was a Decker Lake and a single Greater Yellowlegs was there. It wasn't there this morning.
If you need more information call me at (801)955-7818
Jack Holley