Re: Rufous Hummingbird

I also had a rufous hummingbird around my house in western Weber County.
Is he going south already , heading north or just here for the summer??

Paul

>>> Alton Thygerson <thygerson@byu.edu> 07/06/03 09:31PM >>>
July 5, 2003

A male RUFOUS HUMMINGBIRD first appeared on the 4th of July and has
periodically been visiting my hummingbird feeders.  It's a brilliantly
colored male and displays aggressive behavior by driving off
Broad-tailed
Hummingbirds away from the feeders.  It's appearance is unpredictable
but
mostly seen in the late afternoons.  This seems a little early for
this
hummingbird since last year it seems they appeared in August and not
July.

Thank you Glenn Barlow and the other participants on the excursion into
NW
Utah for the Sharp-tailed Grouse, Gray Partridge, Long-eared Owl, and
Short-eared Owl.

Alton Thygerson

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1