Re: Least Terns

As Carol said, there are at least 2 and possibly 3
Least Terns (apologies to Pomre, I was supposed to
post this last night!)
Pomre and I saw 2 terns flying together, and then
another lady told us that she had seen one near the
eastern most pond.
On a more dismal note, I think everyone has seen the
Great Blue Heron that was nesting in the tree that is
on the sandbar in the western pond.  Around 10:30
today there were 2 young boys that had rowed a small
boat to the sandbar.  When I first arrived the GBH was
to the east of it's nest, wading in the water, unable
to return to it's nest.  When I left a half hour
later, the boys and their dog were still there but the
GBH had not returned to it's nest.  Not much chance
for Cindy Sommerfeld getting the pictures of the baby
GBH's that she wanted...

Bruce