Zion

Today at Zion the Painted Redstart was in the same location where it had been reported at. It was near the Weeping Rock parking area and was easy to locate because it was singing the whole time I was there.
Also at Zion today near the Court of the Patriarchs there was a Common Black-hawk along the river and a very nice Cassin's Vireo that may be a bit early although migration has been picking up in So. Utah in the last week. There was also quite a few Broad-tailed Hummingbirds in Zion today.

Yesterday at Lytle I had a Bell's Vireo a Western Kingbird and a couple of Ash-throated Flycatchers plus a lot of B G Gnatcatchers so things are starting to pickup out there as well.

Good birding, Larry Tripp