birding at the Lindon Marina

I went to the Mt. Timp Water Treatment plant today but was turned away
because of road construction and security.  The lady at the gate didn't
know when people would be able to get to the ponds again.

So I went to the Lindon Marina and saw 13 Cinnamon Teal, 8 American
Avocets, a Western Grebe and easily over 100 American Coots.  In the
ponds to the north I saw about 8 Double-crested Cormorants.  There were
more species of waterfowl but they were too far away for me to identify
with confidence - possibly Pied-billed Grebe and Blue-winged Teal.

I also got a close look at a Red-tailed Hawk at the intersection of West
Geneva Road and Gammon.

Happy birding!

Terry Liddell
Pleasant Grove