South Utah County Birding

I went birding on the south end of Utah County this morning. I started in the fields west of Springville. I saw my first Yellow-Headed Blackbirds of the year. In the marsh south of Lincoln Beach I counted 14 Sandhill Cranes. At Lincoln Point there was an adult Bald Eagle. On West Mountain I saw Mourning Doves and a Bewicks Wren. At Cecret Pond I ran into Ivan Call ( was great to meet him ) There I saw my first Savanna Sparrow of the year. It was singing as well. near Goshen Warm Springs there were Tree Swallows flying around. On the resivoir south of Santiquin there were tons of Goldeneye and a pair of Canvasbacks. In Woodland Hills I saw a Lewis's Woodpecker in the area it has been all winter. I also saw Great Tailed Grackles in East Bay area of Provo. I looked for shorebirds. Only found Killdeer, but am waiting for some early shorebirds to come in. All together today I saw 44 species. It was a fun morning of birding. Also I couldn't believe the number of Western Meadowlarks out singing today. Hope everyone is doing well.

KC Childs

Do you Yahoo!?