Vermilion Flycatcher, etc.

Hello,
This afternoon (3/14 @ 3:45 pm), I received a call from Bob Bradley and Tony
Jones, who found a Vermilion Flycatcher at the corner of SR-9 and 3700 West
in the Brentwood area (Washington Co.) 3700 West is the road leading to
Stratton Pond.  The Flycatcher was observed on the small Brentwood RV Golf
course area.  I stopped by on my way home from work around 5:00 and again at
6:00, but was unable to relocate the bird.

I have not recently seen the Eurasian Collared-Doves in their usual
Washington locations, however this morning I saw a single Collared-Dove fly
across I-15 and head into the Middleton area.

Other recent Washington Co. birds of interest include:
Great Egret at Southgate GC (observed 3/13 or 3/14 by Bob and Tony)
Snow and Ross's Geese in the Washington Fields and at SR-9 Sewer Ponds
(3/13)
Greater Scaup remaining on Stratton Pond (3/14)
White-winged Scoter at Sand Hollow Reservoir (3/13)
Common Moorhen at the Red Hills Golf Course pond (3/14)
Anna's Hummingbirds continue to be seen in the Silver Valley area of Leeds
(3/10)
Golden-crowned Sparrow at Red Cliffs RA (3/9) and at the Santa Clara/ Virgin
River confluence Trail (3/12 by Larry Tripp).
Larry also relocated the Yellow-bellied Sapsucker at Lytle Ranch last
weekend (3/8).

In addition to the lingering winter visitors, early spring migrants are
starting to show up.  Species observed this week include: American Avocet,
Broad-tailed Hummingbird, White-throated Swift, Rough-winged Swallow, Tree
Swallow, and Lucy's Warbler.

Best Regards,

Rick Fridell
Hurricane, UT