Pinyon Jays - Juab County

For two years in a row we've found PINYON JAYS in the exact
same location while driving down to the Snow Goose Festival in
Delta. Going west from Nephi on Highway 132, after you drive
across the valley and enter the first mountain pass, the north side
of the road changes from dead trees to live pinyon. About halfway
up on the right under the power poles there was a small (~12) flock
of jays.  On Sunday March 3rd, around 4:30 p.m. they were moving
west (up canyon and hill) and constantly calling.  They were seen
from the road in the same place last year, just west of mile marker
28, before the yellow 60 mph curve sign.  There's an obvious place
to pull over as an old dirt road cuts across a wash.

We enjoyed the Black Phoebes along with the Snow Geese at the
reservoir, as well as the bobcat we saw crossing the road between
Oak City and Leamington!

Jack Torrey and Glenda Cotter