Birding Northern Utah

Today Kris Purdy and I took advantage of the Holiday and nice weather to look through some parts of Northern Utah.  We started at Bues Pond by Weber State University, then went to Morgan and East Canyon Reservoir.  Here is what we saw.

First, let me report that there is still some open water in East Canyon Reservoir and we were able to see the White-winged Scoters and the lone Long-tailed Duck, along with some Hooded Mergansers.  The open water is dwindling, so if it gets colder, it will be gone, along with the birds.

At Bues Pond we looked for the Screech Owl that Kris previously reported, but could not see it.  But, I must make mention of the lovely 6-8 pairs of Wood Ducks, with the males in bright breeding plumage.   Then, we saw the following birds (in no particular order):

Pine Siskin
Black-Capped Chickadee
Wood Duck
Mallard