Tooele County Birding

Julie VanMoorhem, Dana Green and I birded Tooele County on Sunday.  Our first bird of the day was not in Tooele County, but Salt Lake.  The Say's Phoebe is still at Saltair.  In the pond on the left side of the Tooele exit off I-80, we saw several Redheads (our first of the year).  Our first stop in South Willow Canyon didn't yield much of anything.  We then went on to Clover Springs where it was equally unproductive except for lots of Scrub Jays, Juniper Titmice and a Townsend's Solitaire.  The two Great Horned Owls previously reported in Vernon were there.  We found another owl in the trees at the Faust turnoff.  Between stops, we saw Bald and Golden Eagles, Rough-legged Hawks and Northern Harriers.  There was a Kingfisher at Stansbury Pond along with a nice assortment of ducks (nothing unusual).

Pomera