SL City Cemetery

Though tempted to continue the corrupted spellings of recent
postings, I'll refrain.... Many thanks to all who contributed to the
Steller's Jay/Vaux's Swift discussion. I found it fascinating, learned
a lot, and would enjoy seeing similar discussions more frequently
on the birdnet.

Visited the City Cemetery yesterday from about 2:30 to 3:30 pm. In
addition to all the usual suspects (magpies, flickers, robins, downy
woodpecker, chickadees, r-c kinglets, creepers, solitaire), I at last
found both Red-breasted (2) and White-breasted (1) Nuthatches.
The WBN was in the junipers just east of 960 E 405 N (where the
salt pile and waste dumpster are located), the RBN was in a line
directly west of there, near the cemetery boundary, both in the
large evergreens in the cemetery and in the deciduous trees just
the other side of the fence above the tennis courts. Was treated to
wonderful looks at both birds. Also saw a healthy-looking red fox!

Thanks to all who regularly contribute their bird sightings!
Glenda Cotter