Cache County Birds

Saturday, 4 January, 2003

There were about 10 pairs of Barrow's goldeneyes at the Hydro Park in Logan early this afternoon.  Also found two Townsend's solitaires along Canyon Drive near the park and a huge flock (~75) of pine siskins in the same neighborhood.

Also found my first Utah American Dipper (whoopee!) in the ? river (haven't found a publication with the name in it yet...) that runs along Hwy. 101 going east to the Hardware Ranch.  There were two belted kingfishers along this road also, which may not be too unusual, but this former Minnesota birder found it pretty cool...

What's going on with Utah residents - don't they know they should have bird feeders?  I'm going through major withdrawal out here - in Minnesota every other house had feeders in the yard - I miss that!  Should I start a campaign?

Betsy Beneke
Perry, Utah
Box Elder County