Snow Buntings, Thayer's Gull

Larry Draper, Eric Huish, Tuula Rose, Bill Slater and I headed up to Antelope Island to look for the Snow Buntings. We were successful and saw 17 of them. They were wonderful looks, and beautiful birds. Also there was a Long Tailed Duck between Mile Marker 2 and 3. Tuula and Eric got looks at it. The rest of us saw a bird without white wing patches flying. There was also a Prarie Falcon along the causway and plenty of Pipits. We saw only one Horned Lark on the causway. Next we went to Saltair to look for gulls. There wasn't a Long Tailed Duck there, at least not that we could find. We looked out at the second turnot between Saltair and the GSL Marina. There were a lot of Herring Gulls, Eric was able to pick out a Thayer's Gull in the bunch. There were gulls also on the other side of the freeway as described by Colby Neuman. So the gulls that Colby saw could still be out there. Thansk to all those who report. It is very much appreciated.

KC Childs

Do you Yahoo!?