Birds of the Year

It is very difficult to find my 5 birds of the year.  I had 106 lifers, 101 new state birds.  Trips to Maui and San Diego. But lets give it a try.

Golden-crowned Kinglet I finally found the little guy on the first of the year.  In the Jordan River CBC.  I good sign for what was to come in the year.
Red Jungle Fowl in Maui.  Just because I can say I have a Chicken in my life list.
Sage Grouse, Gray Catbird, Barrows Goldeneye for the trouble I had finding them.

I cannot keep the list at 5 either I must say that seeing the Vermilion Flycatcher feeding its young at the St. George golf course was amazing.

Now the Big Misses of the year.  Short-eared Owl I must be the only person that has not seen one yet.  The Pygmy Nuthatch.  I cannot find the little guys.  Now that I live near Liberty Park I will have to find them before the end of the year.  No endemics in Maui.

An unbelievable year.  Thank YOU all for your postings.  My year would not have been nearly as great as it was without your help.  Special Thanks to Rick and Mark for taking me out to some great places and giving me 23 lifers and another 9 state birds in one week.

Good Birding

Ed