Memorable sightings for 2002

Hey Carol (and everyone else!!), what a cool idea!!!
My most memorable sightings this past year (in no
particular order):
1-  The redpolls in Mantua, along with the Bohemian
Waxwing, then the Barrow's Goldeneyes in Logan, and
the Trumpeter Swans north of Brigham City.
2-  Seeing my first Rosy Finches, albeit in New
Mexico.  They had had (and presently have!) all three
species present at the same time, but when we got
there all we found were the Gray Crowned Rosy's.
3-  Yuma Birding Festival where I got a some of the
southern birds that don't make it up to Northern
Utah-- Inca Doves, Common Ground Doves, Gila
Woodpeckers, Bells' Vireo, Hermit Warbler, Pacific
Slope Flycatcher, Vaux's Swifts, and Clapper Rails.
4-  In conjuction with #3, a trip to the Salton Sea
where we saw 105 species in less than 6 hours!!  This
included Gull Billed Terns, Dunlins, and probably
close to 30 Burrowing Owls.
5-  Utah County "Big Day" in June when Dennis Shirley
helped me log 103 species in a day, climaxing with a
Western Screech Owl.
6-  Like Carol, I can't stop at 5!!  Wichita Mountains
NWR in Oklahoma where I met Kurt Meizenhaul and he
showed me a lot of eastern birds that don't make it to
Utah, or rarely.  Red Shouldered Hawk, Rufous Crowned
Sparrow, Eastern Wood Pewee, Eastern Kingbird, Eastern
Phoebe.
And most importantly, I've met a lot of GREAT people
out with binocs while I've been birding!
Best wishes to everyone and again, Merry Christmas!!!
Bruce