It wasn't a trumpeter

I reported a possible trumpeter swan several weeks ago at Rockport Reservoir
and know that several people drove up and agreed that it probably was one. I
suspect it ended up on a couple big year lists. Well...erase it.

I just received the following message from Tom Aldrich, waterfowl program
coordinator for the
Utah Division of Wildlife Resources: "I saw your post a couple of weeks ago
and went up to verify the Rockport sighting.  After observing it for a while
I finally detected a yellow eye lore using my spotting scope indicating it
was a tundra swan. Beautiful bird never the less.  Any other sightings would
be appreciated."

It is a reminder of how difficult it is to distinguish these birds.

Jim Woolf