East Canyon

I finally had a chance to check out the ducks at East Canyon Reservoir.  They were all still there. Four lifers (Hooded M. W.W. Scooter, Long-tailed D. and Barrow's GE.  There were a few more Hooded Merganser near the end of the reservoir.
Farmington Bay is full of ducks, Ruddies especially.
I didn't have my camera with me when a Bald Eagle caught a fish out of the reservoir.  The Mergansers and Goldeneye are already doing their courtship dances and it was really interesting to see the scooter eating a crayfish 30 birds for the day.

Ed

PS Does anyone know where I can find a Short-eared Owl?