Forward: Trumpeter Swan

Date: Sunday, November 17, 2002 at 13:18:23
From: Jim Woolf
Subject: Trumpeter Swan at Rockport Res.
Email_Address: JWoolf@xmission.com

I saw what I strongly believe to be a trumpeter swan on Sunday (Nov. 17) around noon at the southern end of Rockport Reservoir in Summit County. It was alone and feeding near the inlet. I did not hear its call so cannot completely rule out a sole, wandering tundra swan. But the fact that it was alone, and that trumpeters have been reporters at Rockport during the winter in previous years make me suspect this is a trumpeter. There are numerous pulloff from the highway on the west side of the reservoir providing nice perches to scan the lake with a scope. In addition to the swan, I counted six common loons.
Jim Woolf

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com