Date: 01 Nov 2002 18:01:56 -0700

I spent the last couple of days of the big month of October in Washington County and was successful at finding only about half of my target birds. Those that may be of interest included:
      Surf Scoter [3] - Gunlock Reservoir
      Canvasback [1] - Southgate Golf Course
      White-fronted Goose [1] - Green Springs Golf Course
      Wood Duck [4] - Green Springs Golf Course
      Greater Scaup [1] - Green Springs Golf Course
      White-winged Dove [8] - Washington City
      Merlin [2] - Washington fields and Toquerville
      EURASIAN COLLARED DOVE [4] - 2 in flock of white-winged doves and 2 in                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Washington fields. What's the status of these in Washington County and the State? It seems they are starting to show up in a number of places now.
Notable misses included:
	Red Phalarope
 	Philadelphia Vireo
	Varied Thrush