Blue Jay in Kaysville

Yesterday afternoon a little before 3 p.m. I received a telephone call from Bill Fennimore of the Layton Wildbird Center.  He reported that Martha Ann, who works at Garr Ranch on Antelope Island, called him to report that a Blue Jay was coming to her feeder.

I got there about 3:20 p.m. and after settling in and waiting a couple of minutes, it came to the feeder!  Lovely bird!  She told me it first showed up on Sunday.

I asked her if it was all right if others came and she said yes.

Directions:  Get off I-15 at the Kaysville Exit (where the silos are).  Go east (towards the mountains), through the traffic light on main street.  At the next corner (you will see the building formerly used by Clover Club Potato Chips), which is Fairfield Drive, turn left (north).  Continue north until you come to the intersection just past the junior high school on the left.  This will be Mutton Hollow Road.  Turn right one block to 50 East.  There is a church on the right.  At the corner of 50 East and Mutton Hollow turn right.  You are now going south.  Continue south to the next street on your left, which is 1050 North.  Turn left.  Her address is 167 East, which is on the left hand side of the street.

You can carefully walk down the driveway to the rear of the house and you will see a light green feeder on the deck.  This is where the Blue Jay comes to feed.

Good luck!  Again, lovely bird!

Glenn