Surf Scoter, Horned Grebe

Eric Huish, Glenn Barlow and myself headed up to Northern Utah for the day yesterday. Our first stop was at Whites Valley in Box Elder County. Where we were able to see 8 Sharp Tailed Grouse but no Gray Partridge. There was also a Short Eared Owl. Next we went to Hyrum Resivoir in Cache County south of Logan. The highlight here was three Surf Scoters in the middle of the resivoir. Also a fly over of a Bald Eagle was fun to see for the first of the season. Next we tried Mantua Resivoir. Here we saw a Horned Grebe on the lake. Here is a list of all the birds we saw on trip and the places.

Box Elder County: birds seen in no particular spot
Sandhill Crane 17
Bufflehead 2
Gadwall 1
RT Hawk 1