Red Phalarope

After the SL Birder's field trip this morning Matthew Thorum, Letitia Lussier, and myself went out on the Antelope Island Causeway to see what was there.  Bob Huntington told us there were Sanderlings.  Well, we didn't find any Sanderlings, but while checking out the Eared Grebes Letitia spotted what she thought was a phalarope.  It was and after much discussion and checking three field guides, listening to tapes, and saying "it is" and "it can't be", we finally determined that it was a Red Phalarope.  It was alone on the north side of the causeway just as the road turns south.  We didn't check the mile marker,but it was near where there is a cement something-or-the-other out in the lake near the shore.
Go after it!
Donna Thorum