A Morning Birding.

Title: A Morning Birding.
Greetings from sunny St. George.

This morning, Bruce Robinson and his wife, Lynn, joined me for a few hours of birding. Bruce and Lynn were early migrants from the Salt Lake Birders who are in town today, out to Lytle Ranch tomorrow.

We began the morning in Mathis Park, moved over to Sunbrook, took a look see at Stonebridge Pond and ended at Dixie Red Hills Golf Course.

Some of the more impressive finds:

Mathis Park
Gambel's Quail
Rufous Hummingbird - 1
Verdin
Summer Tanager - 4 (3 male, 1 female)
Abert's Towhee

Sunbrook Golf Course
"Middle Pond"; skip the two by the entrance, this is the big pond  back in the community.
Common Tern - 2  Great look for 30 minutes or more of two immature birds, one with a bum foot. Look for them atop the rock wall on the north shore.
Belted kingfisher
Barn Swallow (several)

"Creek Side"; great look at warblers
Gambel's Quail
Orange-crowned Warbler - 1
Nashville Warbler - 1 Unmistakable
Black-throated Gray Warbler - 1
Wilson's Warbler - 1
Abert's Towhee

Dixie Red Hills Golf Course
Vermilion Flycatcher - 1 (female)

This provided two lifers for Bruce's list. Good luck at Lytle.

Bill Hunter
St. George