Lewis's Woodpeckers

There are 6-7 Lewis's Woodpeckers hanging out in Dimple Dell Park in Salt Lake County. They are on the telephone poles visible from the parking lot and on the trees next to the pond (a short walk along the trail from the parking lot). They were spotted there yesterday by Jack Clark of Sandy. He, Taz Harrington, June Ryburn,  Kathy Roach and I watched them this morning (Sunday, Sept. 15). I joined them late, but they had also seen a Gray Flycatcher, as well as Blue-gray Gnatcatchers, B-C Chickadees, Flickers, Spotted Towhees and a Red-tailed Hawk. I assume the Lewis's are migrating, but could they have nested in the area?

Dimple Dell Park is reached by turning east on 106000 S from 1300 E. When 106th hits a T-intersection at 2000 E turn left and follow the road around past the small park headquarters to a large parking lot on the left.

Best of good birding,
Deedee O'Brien