Warblers, shrikes

There was a lot of activity on River Lane today. The warblers I saw were: Townsend's, Nashville, Black-throated Gray, Wilson's, Virginia's, Orange-crowned, Yellow-rumped and Yellow.

There are a lot of shorebirds near Lebarron's Point (near Genola), but I couldn't identify very many because I don't have a scope.

I saw an unbelievable number of Loggerhead Shrikes today. I saw 4 this morning in the Springville/Lake Shore area. This afternoon I saw at least 19 down at the airport dike. One flock had 7 shrikes and another had 5. I have never seen more than 2 at one time. Do shrikes flock and migrate together? I'll have to do some reading as soon as I get some time.

It was great to get out and bird today for the first time in a while. Tomorrow I start back to work at an elementary and won't have much time for birding.

Cheryl Peterson
Provo