Birds on South shore GSL

Ann Neville's computer crashed as she tried to send report yesterday, so I'm filling in.

Of greatest interest are the Snowy Plovers easily seen by walking straight out the dike that once accessed the old Saltair (next to "Bare Bum Beach"). We counted 137 and all were well before we reached Lee Creek.

Near Lee Creek were 10 Baird's Sandpipers,  3 Semipalmated Sandpipers, 4 unidentified peeps.

Also saw 5000 Avocets and ~10,000 California Gulls with a few hundred Franklin's Gulls.

Birders: Mike Schantz, Bob Huntington, Deedee O'Brien, Ann Neville