UCB Trip to Bear River

A group of six Utah County birders headed out from
Provo for Bear River at 6 o'clock this morning:  Ned
Hill, Ivan Call, Tuula Rose, Leena Rogers, Bonnie
Williams and Alona Huffaker. We were joined by Bob
Bradley and his daughter, and met up with other SLC
birders who were also enjoying birding on this
incredibly beautiful morning at the refuge. There
already are several reports of the trip to Bear River
on the net today, but here is our list of the 64
species we spotted on our trip:

Rock Dove
Canada Goose
Magpie
Red-tailed Hawk
Western Meadowlark
American Crow
Forster's Tern
Am White Pelican
California Gull
Ring-billed Gull
Caspian Tern
Great Blue Heron
Barn Swallow
Tree Swallow
Bank Swallow (1000's!!!!)
Common Raven
Ring-necked Pheasant
Snowy Egret
White-faced Ibis
Kildeer
Song Sparrow
Red-winged Blackbird
Northern Harrier
Turkey Vulture
Eastern Kingbird
Western Kingbird
Mourning Dove
Northern Rough Wing Swallow
Savannah Sparrow
Cliff Swallow
Marsh Wren
Black-necked Stilt
American Avocet
Greater Yellowlegs
Lesser Yellowlegs
Solitary Sandpiper
Spotted Sandpiper
Least Sandpiper
Willet
Brown-headed Cowbird
Mallard
Virginia Rail
Black-crowned Night Heron
Western Grebe
Clark's Grebe
Snowy Plover
Franklin Gull
Marbled Godwit
Long-billed Dowitcher
Yellow-headed Blackbird
Wilson's Phalarope
Orange-crowned Warbler
Lazuli Bunting (juvenile)
American Coot
Pied-billed Grebe
Short-eared Owl (what a beauty!)
Long-billed Curlew

We continued on to the west side of Willard Bay Dike
and, along with the usual suspects, found the
following additional birds out on the mudflats:

Black Tern (target bird for the day!)
Eared Grebe
Ruddy Duck
Snipe
House Sparrow
Sand Hill Cranes

What a glorious day of birding! Have a good weekend
everyone.

Leena Rogers

HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs
http://www.hotjobs.com