Common Grackles

Two common grackles became residents in my Taylorsville neighborhood this
summer and have enjoyed my feeders.
Today I caught one bathing in my deck-railing birdbath.  They are so
skittish it is great to just sit back and watch one for a little while.  I
thought robins were the best at emptying a birdbath but common grackles run
a close second (and he barely fit with those wings flapping around).
Black-capped chickadees are here every day along with black-chinned
hummingbirds and the "type-A personality" rufous hummers. And at least once
a day the orioles from the Jordan River Parkway visit my hummingbird
feeders.  Ain't life grand?!  What else is everyone seeing in their yard?
C. Davis