Nebo Loop

Had a fun drive over the Nebo Loop today.  There were fledglings
everywhere.  We saw at least 60 mountain bluebirds and fledges and lots of
yellow-rumped warblers, western wood-pewees, and chipping sparrows (all
with fledglings). The bluebirds were in the middle of the road feasting on
grasshoppers.  There was a belted kingfisher, a western tanager, an
orange- crowned warbler, scrub jays, steller's jays, a hairy woodpecker,
but the best surprise of all was a whole flock of ruffed grouse (life bird
for both of us). Forty-one species in all counted today.  We also stopped
briefly at the Provo dike.

Carol Davis
Nicky Davis