Jaeger at Deseret update

I was unable to complete my Breeding Bird Survey at Deseret this morning because of rain in the
high country of the ranch. I did go to Neponset res. before I left the ranch, and the jaeger was
still there (it even landed on the shore not too far from me). It looks like it might be staying
around. I have a tour group there through next Wednesday, but I will be trying to make-up
today's survey at the end of next week, if anyone wants to meet me there after my survey. I'll
try to keep tabs on the bird while I'm there this week, and I'll keep you posted as to when I
can take you there if you wish to try for the jaeger. I did note that this may be the first June
record of Parasitic Jaeger in Utah.

Good birding!

Mark

Mark Stackhouse