Semipalmated Sandpiper

I rad out to do some birding today around the south part of Utah County, with one of my stops being River Lane. I took the advice from Dennis to try out the area. I didn't see any of the rare birds. Although I did find three different Mockingbirds along beach heading east along the lake. The only warbler that I saw was about twenty Yellow Warblers. I also saw a Western Wood Peewee. I next tried going out to Lincoln Beach. Along the road I saw a pair of Swainsons Hawks in some Cottonwoods. At Lincoln Beach I was searching for shorebirds, nothing that I could see besides some Stilts, Avocets, Willets, and some Spotted Sandpipers. Then I found a single long peep which strongly resembled a Semipalmated Sandpiper. It didn't  look like Western Sandpipers that I have seen. I am pretty sure that is what it was. If anyone has time to check out that area, please tell me if you see a Semipalmated. Also I had a singing Bullock's Oriole in my yard today. First of the year and only third ever in my yard. Also on Saturday I forgot to mention that Eric Huish, Sid Hatch, and myself saw some Black Terns around the Provo Airport Dike. That is all for now. Take care everyone.

KC Childs

Do You Yahoo!?
LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience