Chestnut-sided Warbler

Hello,
This afternoon (5/17/02) Kevin Wheeler, Matthew Gowans and I observed an
adult Chestnut-sided Warbler along the Virgin River upstream from the
Washington Fields Diversion, in Washington County, UT.  We observed the
warbler within a few feet, coming into a small puddle to drink .  It was
approximately 1/4 mile above the Washington Fields Diversion structure.
This is in the same general area that Kevin and crew saw a Least Tern on
Wednesday.  That gives Kevin a couple of nice vagrants on his "birds
observed without binoculars while fish sampling on the Virgin River above
the Washington Fields Diversion" list.

Have a great weekend,
Rick Fridell
Hurricane UT