new bird

On the trip to Southern Utah, while at Wild Horse Canyon, I saw a Broad
Billed Hummingbird.  It came around right in front of me and hovered at
about a foot and a half in front of my nose.  It had a very bright,
beautiful blue throat, unlike anything I've ever seen.  Also, a dark
green body and lighter colored billI.  The only other possibility would
be a Blue Throated Hummingbird.  However, these are even more rare than
the Broad Billed and do not have the light colored bill.  See what you
can find out about records of Broad Billed Hummers from the group.

I also saw a White Faced Ibis at Deer Creek Lake on Boulder Mtn.; a
group of White Throated Swifts while hiking to Uper Calf Creek falls,
White Breasted Nuthatches at the Lower Bowns camp, and Black Throated
Sparrows at Wild Horse Canyon.  The trip was a bit cold for the most
part and so not as many birds as on other trips.

Sid
- --0-597837288-1021405448=:87531--