Burrowing Owl (Salt Lake Co.)

- ------=_NextPart_000_0024_01C1F41F.2AA7FB60

I sent this to the list last night, but I guess it is somewhere out in =
the ethernet looking for a place to land!!-- Bruce

While waiting for a tow truck (which is another story-- this has been, =
let's say an interesting week vehicle wise!!) I decided to check out =
Cougar Park Nature Preserve (about 6600 South and 4875 West, in West =
Jordan).  Over in the north-east corner of the fenced in area was my =
first Utah Burrowing Owl of the season.  It flew over the fence from =
near the railroad tracks into the protected area.
Even though I saw at least 30 of these little guys near the Salton Sea a =
couple of weeks ago, I still get excited to see them.  If the robin is =
the first sign of spring, the Burrowing Owl must be the first sign of =
summer!!!
Good Birding!!
Bruce

- ------=_NextPart_000_0024_01C1F41F.2AA7FB60

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I sent this to the list last night, but =
I guess it=20
is somewhere out in the ethernet looking for a place to land!!--=20
Bruce</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>While waiting for a tow truck (which is =
another=20
story-- this has been, let's say an interesting week vehicle wise!!) I =
decided=20
to check out Cougar Park Nature Preserve (about 6600 South and 4875 =
West, in=20
West Jordan).&nbsp; Over in the north-east corner of the fenced in =
area&nbsp;was=20
my first Utah&nbsp;Burrowing Owl of the season.&nbsp; It flew over the =
fence=20
from near the railroad tracks into the protected area.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Even though I saw at least 30 of these =
little guys=20
near the Salton Sea a couple of weeks ago, I still get excited to see=20
them.&nbsp; If the robin is the first sign of spring, the Burrowing Owl =
must be=20
the first sign of summer!!!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Good Birding!!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>Bruce</FONT></DIV></FONT></DIV></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

- ------=_NextPart_000_0024_01C1F41F.2AA7FB60--