Farmington Bay (Davis Co.)

After work last night I went to Farmington Bay.  This was the first time I've been there in almost a month and things have certainly changed in that time frame!!  No ice, and some of the spring arrivals were there.
I saw my first Yellow Headed Blackbirds of the season.  The color was not as intense as the ones that I saw early last year, but they were still very striking.  Also saw a lot of Avocets (and nary a Bald Eagle!!), Black Necked Stilts, Pelicans, and the usual assortment of ducks, etc.
Bob Huntington was also at the Bay, and initially he thought he had located a White Fronted Goose south of the first 90 degree turn.  After comparing it to the pictures in several books, he decided it was a barnyard goose that had gone feral.  It was interesting to note that it was considerably larger than the Canadian Geese that were near it.
It was a great afternoon to be out enjoying the companionship, the weather, and the birds.

Good Birding!!
Bruce