Sage Grouse Lek

Dennis Shirley and a group of Provo/Orem birders joined the Wild Bird Center
Layton birders at the Sage Grouse Lek in Morgan County.  We were fortunate to
see the birds, since there was still considerable snow earlier in the week
without any signs of the birds visiting the lek.

Perhaps the warming trend and full moon motivated the birds into action.
They were very entertaining.  We saw over 60 birds.  The dancing should
improve throughout the next few weeks.

The Wild Bird Center will repeat the trip this Saturday.  If you would like
to join us, call me at the store (801) 525-8400.

Good Birding,

Bill Fenimore
Wild Bird Center
Layton