Re: [birdnet] Banded Canada Geese

I was able to see this goose on Friday evening the collar is # TA83 and I have called Phil to let him know.

The same evening I was treated to a great show by a pair of Sandhill Cranes for about a half hour this is new for my list. I have heard them before but this was my first sighting. If you have not been to the Glover Lane ponds you should really give them a go. There is such a good variety of water fowl and other birds down there right now and you are fairly close to them.

Happy birding  Steve

>>> <BirderB@aol.com> 03/24/02 04:47PM >>>
Birders:

If you are fortunate to see a neck banded Canada Goose at Farmington Bay, as
Wes and Donna Segni reported, try and record the neck band numbers.  Report
the numbers to the Farmington Bay DWR Superintendent, Phil Douglas at (801)
476-2740.  They banded those Geese last year and are tracking them.

Good Birding,

Bill Fenimore
Wild Bird Center
Layton, Ut