Fox Sparrow, WInter Wren

- --0-637279452-1016333781=:75465

I went out birding today, and brought along with me Katie Knight. We birded around Salt Lake County today. Our first stop at Mehraben Wetlands we saw a Common Snipe. We then tried out Emigration Canyon, and didn't see anything too unusual, except for a Townsend Solitaire. We tried out Liberty Park, here we saw a Downey Woodpecker. We then tried out City Creek Canyon. If you take the dirt trail from the Fire Danger sign near the entrance, and go to where the bridge crosses the river, we saw here; Fox Sparrow in the dogwood, Several Golden Crowned Kinglets, Ruby Crowned Kinglet, Belted Kingfisher, and a Song Sparrow. At the picnic site number one we were able to find one Winter Wren calling. He gave us great looks. We saw Jack Torrey up here, who also got to view the Winter Wren. We then tried the Jordan River out at 2230 south, we saw two Mourning Doves, and several ducks. It was a fun day of birding.

KC Childs

Do You Yahoo!?
- --0-637279452-1016333781=:75465

<P>I went out birding today, and brought along with me Katie Knight. We birded around Salt Lake County today. Our first stop at Mehraben Wetlands we saw a Common Snipe. We then tried out Emigration Canyon, and didn't see anything too unusual, except for a Townsend Solitaire. We tried out Liberty Park, here we saw a Downey Woodpecker. We then tried out City Creek Canyon. If you take the dirt trail from the Fire Danger sign near the entrance, and go to where the bridge crosses the river, we saw here; Fox Sparrow in the dogwood, Several Golden Crowned Kinglets, Ruby Crowned Kinglet, Belted Kingfisher, and a Song Sparrow. At the picnic site number one we were able to find one Winter Wren calling. He gave us great looks. We saw Jack Torrey up here, who also got to view the Winter Wren. We then tried the Jordan River out at 2230 south, we saw two Mourning Doves, and&nbsp;several ducks. It was a fun day of birding.</P>
- --0-637279452-1016333781=:75465--