Winter Bird Reports Solicited

Hello, Utah & Nevada birders.

It is time to submit your winter season bird records
for the GREAT BASIN REGIONAL REPORT in the journal
North American Birds.  The winter season runs from
1 December 2001 - 28 February 2002.  For full details
on the submissions procedure, please visit this web
site:

  http://www.gbbo.org/submit.htm

Please submit your records by 25 March 2002.

Also, I have two questions:

1. Can anybody send me color SLIDES of the Little Gull
and Black-legged Kittiwake that were seen in Utah during
the winter season?  I would like to have these published
in North American Birds.

2. Can anybody provide me with observations or perspectives
on the WEATHER in the Great Basin during the winter season?
I realize that the weather here in the far western part of
the Great Basin is not always the same as elsewhere in the
region!

Thanks.

Ted Floyd
Reno, Nevada
tedfloyd57@hotmail.com

Please visit the web site of the Great Basin
Bird Observatory: http://www.gbbo.org