Migration Begins

It seems that the migration has begun.  I conducted a Waterfowl Survey of
Farmington Bay Wednesday with DWR and our regular Saturday morning bird walk
from the Wild Bird Center Saturday was at FBWMA too.  We saw Tundra Swans,
American White Pelicans, and California Gulls.  Additionally we saw American
Tree Sparrows too in the Russian Olive Trees at the first pond, as you turn
onto the West dike (for Glenn Barlow).

The previous Saturday, Feb 16th the group birding from the Layton Wild Bird
Center saw a dozen American Avocets on the East side of Antelope Island while
birding toward Fielding Garr Ranch.

Hopes this bodes for an early spring.

Bill Fenimore
Wild Bird Center