Farmington Bay (Davis Co.)

- ------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C1B7EA.10FB00C0

What a difference a week makes!!  Last Sunday I stopped at Farmington =
Bay and counted over 150 Bald Eagles.  I took my daughter and her =
husband out there tonight and we saw 13 (there were another 20-30 w-a-y =
south of of the dike, but I didn't include them because of the distance =
involved.)
I finally was able to spot a Short Eared Owl, the first of the year for =
me.  Also, we saw a Ring Billed Gull catch and swallow hs dinner!  The =
gull caught a small carp, probably 6"-8" long, swallowed it whole while =
the fish was still alive.  (I wonder if the gull ended up with a tickle =
in it's stomach??)
I stopped off at the Lee Kay Wetlands (Salt Lake Co.) on the way home.  =
The ponds were almost completely frozen over, and in the little bit of =
water that was available was a pair of Mallards.  Nothing unusual, =
except I noticed that the drake kept bobbing his head up and down.  Then =
the female stretched her neck out parallel to the water and they mated.  =
Spring is definately just around the corner!!
Good Birding everyone!!
Bruce

- ------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C1B7EA.10FB00C0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>What a difference a week makes!!&nbsp; =
Last Sunday=20
I stopped at Farmington Bay and counted over 150 Bald Eagles.&nbsp; I =
took my=20
daughter and her husband out there tonight and we saw 13 (there were =
another=20
20-30 w-a-y south of of the dike, but I didn't include them because of =
the=20
distance involved.)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I finally&nbsp;was able to spot&nbsp;a =
Short Eared=20
Owl, the first of the year for me.&nbsp; Also, we saw a Ring Billed Gull =
catch=20
and swallow hs dinner!&nbsp; The gull caught a small carp, probably =
6"-8" long,=20
swallowed it whole while the fish was still alive.&nbsp; (I wonder if =
the gull=20
ended up with a tickle in it's&nbsp;stomach??)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I stopped off at the Lee Kay Wetlands =
(Salt Lake=20
Co.) on the way home.&nbsp; The ponds&nbsp;were almost completely frozen =
over,=20
and in the little bit of water that was available was a pair of =
Mallards.&nbsp;=20
Nothing unusual, except I noticed that the drake kept bobbing his head =
up and=20
down.&nbsp; Then the female stretched her neck out parallel to the water =
and=20
they mated.&nbsp; Spring is definately just around the =
corner!!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Good Birding everyone!!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Bruce</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

- ------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C1B7EA.10FB00C0--