BIRDS, BIRDS, and Tundra Swans

- --0-839793499-1013928393=:98242

Eric Huish and I headed out for a day of birding. We started out in Cedar Valley. In the Camp Floyd Cemetery there was a Northern Shrike hanging around. Also in Utah County we went up Manning Canyon in the Oquirrh Mountains and saw a big flock of Pinyon Jays hanging around. We then headed to Tooele County. Our first stop was the James Walter Fitzgerald WMA. Here in the Southern Most Part we saw 8 Tundra Swans. There were also Bald Eagles there. We then tried other parts of Tooele County. The Tooele freeway exit had Redheads. All together we saw most of the waterfowl in Tooele County. We tried Timpie Springs, and Stansbury Island. This yielded the only Killdeer of the day, and Horned Lark. We also saw Rough Legged Hawks at Timpie, and plenty of Great Blue Herons. We then tried out Saltair, and the GSL Marina. Pink Floyd was out there. We also saw Greater Yellowlegs, and an American Avocet at the GSL Marina. Also there were at least Herring Gulls out there. Also there were Eared Grebes around. We then headed to the Jordan RIver to look for the Barrows Goldeneye and Greater Scaup. We saw 3 Barrows Goldeneye. No Greater Scaup though. We saw Redheads, Goldeneye, Lesser Scaup, Bufflehead, Pintails, and many others. I hope I remembered all the highlight of the day. All together we saw 51 species of birds today. Not a bad day at all.

KC Childs

P.S. I saw my first Rock Dove in Tooele County. ABOUT TIME

Do You Yahoo!?
- --0-839793499-1013928393=:98242

<P>Eric Huish and I headed out for a day of birding. We started out in Cedar Valley. In the Camp Floyd Cemetery there was a Northern Shrike hanging around. Also in Utah County we went up Manning Canyon in the Oquirrh Mountains and saw a big flock of Pinyon Jays hanging around. We then headed to Tooele County. Our first stop was the James Walter Fitzgerald WMA. Here in the Southern Most Part we saw 8 Tundra Swans. There were also Bald Eagles there. We then tried other parts of Tooele County. The Tooele freeway exit had Redheads. All together we saw most of the waterfowl in Tooele County. We tried Timpie Springs, and Stansbury Island. This yielded the only Killdeer of the day, and Horned Lark. We also saw Rough Legged Hawks at Timpie, and plenty of Great Blue Herons. We then tried out Saltair, and the GSL Marina. Pink Floyd was out there. We also saw Greater Yellowlegs, and an American Avocet at the GSL Marina. Also there were at least Herring Gulls out there. Also there were Eared Grebes around. We then headed to the Jordan RIver to look for the Barrows Goldeneye and Greater Scaup. We saw 3 Barrows Goldeneye. No Greater Scaup though. We saw Redheads, Goldeneye, Lesser Scaup, Bufflehead, Pintails, and many others. I hope I remembered all the highlight of the day. All together we saw 51 species of birds today. Not a bad day at all. </P>
<P>KC Childs</P>
- --0-839793499-1013928393=:98242--