Saturday

Hi All

I had a great day Saturday I started at Kaysville Pond 2 pair of Hooded Mergansers are still there American Wigeon and the usual assortment of ducks. I logged my first Common Snipe to my life list, there were 3 resting on the shore next to the road. Thanks to Gary Grubb and Hugh Gillilan who were there and confirmed my sighting.
Then I went to Farmington Bay the best action was in the bushes in the yard of the house at the entrance. Spotted Towhee, White Crowned Sparrows in addition to the House Sparrows and House Finches, the tree behind the house was full of Red Winged Blackbirds. Out in the bird refuge there were 2 Bald Eagles in the trees and I saw 2 more down the dike road on out on the ice. I saw several Harriers along the road. The Blue Heron and Ruddy duck I saw last week were still there together I really do think they are friends, I saw several Song Sparrows.
Then on to the SL Cemetery were I saw several Stellers Jays and again found the Juniper Titmice they are quite entertaining to watch, up and own from the Juniper trees. I mention these because I have talked to several people the last 2 weeks that state they have never seen Juniper Titmice. Look for them in the area of 440 N and between 900 and 1100 east in the cemetery. I just drive slowly and watch the juniper trees.

I logged 30 species in all it was a great day