Snow Chickadee?

<forwarded by webmaster>

From: Mary
Subject: Snow Chickadee?
Email_Address: mmcgre@hotmail.com

Hi, This is my first email to the hotline. I live on the east
bench in Ogden. This morning around 9:00, I watched the birds at my
feeders...little flocks of black-capped chickadees coming and going, 2
mtn. chicadees, white breasted nuthatch, brown creeper and lots of
juncos. Then in the apple tree one small VERY WHITE bird (all by
itself)
preening and hopping from branch to branch.  I looked with binoculars
and it looked like a chickadee but the coloring was definately
different. Its back (nape and mantle), sides and belly were snow white.
 (My husband thought he saw dark wing bars.) It was slightly larger
than the other chickadees. Its face looked like a black cap but the
black on the throat and crown ended abruptly like only its face (not
the whole head) had been dipped in black ink.  It jumped from apple
tree to feeder, to fence then it was gone.  (We've ruled out
"Black-eared" Bushtit because it is smaller than the chickadee and the
black face pattern doesn't match) The chickadees continue to come and
go even now but I haven't seen the mysterious little white bird. I
welcome any ideas as to what it might have been!
Thanks for your help, Mary